Laws of God 101
This outline assumes you are living in a Western culture.
1. Acknowledge God as Creator. This is you and Him, not me or anyone else serving as gatekeeper. He will welcome you on terms you alone will understand.
2. Rise above Western cultural and intellectual limitations. You can start here if you are new to the question of epistemology. You can also look it up on the Net, but my explanation is less reading.
3. Commit yourself to personal obedience; embrace the mission. While I might offer some useful examples, the issue of mission is you serving God as if you were submitting personally to an Eastern Potentate. That’s how God depicts Himself. The Kingdom of Heaven is an Ancient Near Eastern feudal monarchy, in the sense it’s as close as you’ll get to understanding on a human level.
4. Commit yourself to learning the Laws of God. It’s a tall order and won’t be finished during this lifetime. I offer a rather lengthy starting point here.
5. Realize the Laws cover a lot more than some mere religious expression or lifestyle. It’s all that and more. If you are actively serving God with a clear conscience, the goalposts will keep moving, and you’ll learn to love it. You’ll keep looking for ways to subject your behavior and choices to the mission, and rise above mundane human concerns. You’ll still have those mundane issues to deal with, but you’ll consider them from a different perspective.
6. Seek to perceive the moral fabric of the Universe. You’ll simply have to assume it’s there and try to measure all things against it.
Don’t rely on me as your guru. I’m just a mouthpiece, an emissary. Some of what works for me will not even fit in your world. Enjoy.
Tomorrow I’ll offer a single example of what promises and blessings come from obeying the Laws of God.